Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

My New Year's Resolutions for 2009 in no particular order

1) Take the GMAT and get into Grad School. I know what I want to do--I just need to do it, instead of thinking that it'll take to long and it's too hard.

2) Find a local soup kitchen and volunteer there. This is actually one of the hardest. It's not that there are no soup kitchens--it's just that it doesn't sound like much fun (which is why they probably could use a few extra volunteers.)

3) Fold 10 origami cranes a day. Why? Well, for one if I keep at it, I'll get better. I do so few creative things, and I've never been good with my hands. So if I keep doing this one little thing, I'll get better at it and there will be one small artistic thing I can do. Plus, this way I spend at least the amount of time it takes to fold 10 cranes not reading, and therefore thinking more.

4) See my friends and family more often.

5) Save money (I'm going to need it, for that grad school thing.)

So that's my list. And even if I don't accomplish it all--even if I accomplish parts of it--I'll still be a better person.

No comments: