Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me

Today is my birthday. It's been a quiet birthday. As me and most of my friends are still recovering from last weekend's wedding extravaganza I decided to keep it quiet. I took myself to a nice dinner and I've been sitting in front of my computer trying to come up with meaningful thoughts to share.

I don't really have any. I spent the last year doing a bunch of things that scared me (moving into my own place, starting an MBA program, etc) and they have for the most part turned out well. Part of why they worked out well was just me discovering that I had it in me to rise to challenges and actually use my brain for something.

A good portion of it is down to my friends. I'm talking to all you all who sat on me while I wrote papers, listened to me bitch, took me out for drinks, offered your help, let me pet your dog, answered the phone when I called saying "Help!" and helped clean my apartment for the bridal extravaganza.


Thanks to you all.

1 comment:

TheWanderWoman said...

Thanks to you too! Dude, I even KNEW it was your birthday and forgot to wish you a happy one. So happy belated. I am very glad indeed that you were born. Love!!!